Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Late 2011 didn't power on

About 5 days ago, my MacBook pro doesn't boot to completion, it trips off after some loading. Sometimes it displays the logo, while it trips off instantly sometimes after clicking the power button.

I'd thought it's a battery issue but I noticed it only do power up as described about when the battery is plugged to the board, if not it doesn't at all even if the Megasafe is plugged to a wall socket.

Earlier before this development, when it's plugged and charging the Megasafe head becomes hot/warm with the orange light displaying that it's charging and it works properly.

Now, when plugged to the wall socket, Megasafe displays the orange color to indicate it's charging, it's neither hot nor warm. To my understanding, as an experienced Windows user, even if a battery is dead, when a system is plugged to a wall socket it should power up. I noticed it doesn't do that when using my MacBook.

Though an orange color indicator is displayed by the Megasafe, it doesn't charge optimally. I noticed again that when I plugged it a long time (10 hours) and power it up it boots for a longer time but doesn't get to the home screen. The best is loading to 75% on the loading screen.

As it's down power up to the home screen it's hard to diagnose it. I have some SMC reset, still no improvement.

What are the suggested steps to take to solve this problem?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 8:11 AM

kadeoya wrote:

About 5 days ago, my MacBook pro doesn't boot to completion, it trips off after some loading. Sometimes it displays the logo, while it trips off instantly sometimes after clicking the power button.

I'd thought it's a battery issue but I noticed it only do power up as described about when the battery is plugged to the board, if not it doesn't at all even if the Megasafe is plugged to a wall socket.

Earlier before this development, when it's plugged and charging the Megasafe head becomes hot/warm with the orange light displaying that it's charging and it works properly.

Now, when plugged to the wall socket, Megasafe displays the orange color to indicate it's charging, it's neither hot nor warm. To my understanding, as an experienced Windows user, even if a battery is dead, when a system is plugged to a wall socket it should power up. I noticed it doesn't do that when using my MacBook.

Though an orange color indicator is displayed by the Megasafe, it doesn't charge optimally. I noticed again that when I plugged it a long time (10 hours) and power it up it boots for a longer time but doesn't get to the home screen. The best is loading to 75% on the loading screen.

As it's down power up to the home screen it's hard to diagnose it. I have some SMC reset, still no improvement.

If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up - Apple Support

Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters - Apple ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 8:11 AM in response to kadeoya

kadeoya wrote:

If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up - Apple Support

Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters - Apple ...

MacBook Pro Late 2011 didn't power on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.