Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Without Apple Music Paid Subscription, How Will I Play My Music Library When iTunes For Mac Goes Away?

I have all of my music on my hard drive (as well as an old iPod and external drive backups).

I have no plans to subscribe to Apple Music.

My music files in iTunes are in many different formats - lossy and lossless - and are sourced from many places - purchased from iTunes store, imported from CDs, downloaded from other legal sites, etc. 

In short, my iTunes plays and contains music files with many different file extensions.

iTunes for Mac is going away because Apple is replacing it with Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts. How do I continue to play and manage my entire iTunes music library without a subscription to Apple Music?

All my devices are Apple Mac OS or iOS. 

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 12:57 PM

Music can play local files the same way iTunes does.

Similar questions

1 reply

Without Apple Music Paid Subscription, How Will I Play My Music Library When iTunes For Mac Goes Away?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.