Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot print two-sided after installing Mojave

I've read this same topic at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8627728 with the title Lost duplex printing after Mojave Installation, but there is not an answer that works. I've tried NOT installing the Epson printer drivers and letting Mac OS install the printer itself, which is the recommended method from Apple and there is NOT a 'two-sided' option to pick from when in the printer options menu. I've also tried installing Epson's drivers and get the same result - NO two-sided printing option. Two-sided printing is turned off and there is NO where to turn it back on. I've also spent over an hour on the phone with Apple support and NOT resolved the problem. Epson says you can't print two-sided on some types of paper, but you can print two-sided on plain paper. I've set 'plain paper' as the choice in the printer features screen and still two-sided printing does NOT show in the printer options settings in system preferences. Epson blames Apple and Apple blames Epson. Any suggestions?.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 2:00 PM

I spent another hour plus on the phone, this time with Epson and found out that the 'printer features' dialogue block actually scrolls down. There is no bar on the side to let you know it. By scrolling further down, I FINALLY found the on/off switch for two-sided printing. I've attached screen shots to show how many settings are hidden in 'printer features'. With NO slider bar on the side, it is impossible to know there were additional settings out of view. Problem solved.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 2:00 PM in response to debandpete

I spent another hour plus on the phone, this time with Epson and found out that the 'printer features' dialogue block actually scrolls down. There is no bar on the side to let you know it. By scrolling further down, I FINALLY found the on/off switch for two-sided printing. I've attached screen shots to show how many settings are hidden in 'printer features'. With NO slider bar on the side, it is impossible to know there were additional settings out of view. Problem solved.

Cannot print two-sided after installing Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.