Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

double sided printing with Mojave

Why can't I print double sided?

Using Mac Pro with Mojave, Epson XP-830 which is capable of printing double sided.

On my pop-up print menu, under Layout, I cannot choose Two-sided printing - the word "off" is greyed out and I cannot select or deselect it. (see screenshot)

In System Preferences Printers, Two sided or Duplex printing is not listed as an option even though my printer is capable. (see screenshot)

I have been able to print double sided from this computer with this printer in the past. I am still able to print double sided from my iPad.

Is this a glitch in Mojave? Is there anything I can do to double side print from my computer?

Mac Pro

Posted on May 2, 2019 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 10:24 AM

Try deleting the printer and adding it again. When you do that, pay great attention to the options you are offered.

For example, I get this for a particular printer that has two-sided printing capability. If I do not check the duplexer box, the created printer will never offer me the option to print two-sided.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 10:24 AM in response to Mabelfromolympia

Try deleting the printer and adding it again. When you do that, pay great attention to the options you are offered.

For example, I get this for a particular printer that has two-sided printing capability. If I do not check the duplexer box, the created printer will never offer me the option to print two-sided.

double sided printing with Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.