Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X wireless Charging issues

Hello,

I have an i phone X and having issues with the wireless charger. I feel like this issues started the end of the year after I updated to ios 13, but am not 100% sure about that. My phone will not wireless charge unless i turn the phone off and then place it on the wireless charger. when i place it on the charger it automatically comes back on and is charging. but if i take it off and put it back on it will not charge, the wireless charger indicates that it detects it and try but the charging symbol does not come on. I have tried different wireless chargers and another iPhone x and it charges just fine. I have reset the phone 3 times and have done a DFU restore. Does anyone else have any suggestions I could try. I have also turned off the battery optimization in settings. The phone has never been dropped and has been kept in a case. I have tried also to remove the case and still nothing. Another thing one day i left it on there for like 5 minutes and it started charging, this has only happend once.

Thanks

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 6:50 PM

OK.....What is the current iOS on your iPhone X? There was an update a couple updates ago, which did address a wireless charging issue. The current iOS is 13.3. To check your phone, go to Settings > General > About and see what version you are currently running. If you are not at 13.3, update your phone and see if that solves this.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 6:50 PM in response to Joey_Curtis

OK.....What is the current iOS on your iPhone X? There was an update a couple updates ago, which did address a wireless charging issue. The current iOS is 13.3. To check your phone, go to Settings > General > About and see what version you are currently running. If you are not at 13.3, update your phone and see if that solves this.

Iphone X wireless Charging issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.