Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X wireless Charging issues

Hello,

I have an i phone X and having issues with the wireless charger. I feel like this issues started the end of the year after I updated to ios 13, but am not 100% sure about that. My phone will not wireless charge unless i turn the phone off and then place it on the wireless charger. when i place it on the charger it automatically comes back on and is charging. but if i take it off and put it back on it will not charge, the wireless charger indicates that it detects it and try but the charging symbol does not come on. I have tried different wireless chargers and another iPhone x and it charges just fine. I have reset the phone 3 times and have done a DFU restore. Does anyone else have any suggestions I could try. I have also turned off the battery optimization in settings. The phone has never been dropped and has been kept in a case. I have tried also to remove the case and still nothing. Another thing one day i left it on there for like 5 minutes and it started charging, this has only happend once.

Thanks

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 6:50 PM

OK.....What is the current iOS on your iPhone X? There was an update a couple updates ago, which did address a wireless charging issue. The current iOS is 13.3. To check your phone, go to Settings > General > About and see what version you are currently running. If you are not at 13.3, update your phone and see if that solves this.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 6:50 PM in response to Joey_Curtis

OK.....What is the current iOS on your iPhone X? There was an update a couple updates ago, which did address a wireless charging issue. The current iOS is 13.3. To check your phone, go to Settings > General > About and see what version you are currently running. If you are not at 13.3, update your phone and see if that solves this.

Iphone X wireless Charging issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.