Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time passcode is forgotten

Please advise how to reset screen time passcode on Ipad?

I've reset my iPad using ITunes on my PC but after reset the iPad still requires the old passcode for screen time I cannot recall?

iPad Air 3 WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 3:28 PM

It sounds like you restored it to a backup. You need to set up the iPad as a new device to get rid of the passcode.

“If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.”

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

-AJ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 3:28 PM in response to Iryna_Ko

It sounds like you restored it to a backup. You need to set up the iPad as a new device to get rid of the passcode.

“If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.”

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

-AJ

Screen time passcode is forgotten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.