Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reset screentime passcode for ipad iOS 12.4.6

I forgot my screen time passcode for my IPAD , the current iOS is 12.4.6. Need help with resetting the screentime passcode

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 3:45 AM

Here is Apple’s guidance on changing/removing/reseting the ScreeTime passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If you are currently running a version of iPadOS prior to iPadOS 13.4.1, update to the current version of iPadOS if you can. Once updated to iPadOS 13.4.1 or later, a mechanism exists to reset the ScreenTime passcode. Without you providing details of your iPad model, only you can determine if this update is available to you.

If you cannot update to iPadOS 13.4.1, or you have an earlier version of iOS installed, it is not possible to reset a forgotten ScreeTime passcode. Instead, you must erase and set-up again as new - and will not be able to restore data from you backup (the backup will contain the encrypted ScreenTime passcode that has been forgotten).

I hope this information and clarification is helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 3:45 AM in response to gopihears

Here is Apple’s guidance on changing/removing/reseting the ScreeTime passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If you are currently running a version of iPadOS prior to iPadOS 13.4.1, update to the current version of iPadOS if you can. Once updated to iPadOS 13.4.1 or later, a mechanism exists to reset the ScreenTime passcode. Without you providing details of your iPad model, only you can determine if this update is available to you.

If you cannot update to iPadOS 13.4.1, or you have an earlier version of iOS installed, it is not possible to reset a forgotten ScreeTime passcode. Instead, you must erase and set-up again as new - and will not be able to restore data from you backup (the backup will contain the encrypted ScreenTime passcode that has been forgotten).

I hope this information and clarification is helpful.

how to reset screentime passcode for ipad iOS 12.4.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.