Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing/ Content and Privacy Restrictions

My kids’ phones are connected to my phone through family sharing/screentime.

If I turn on the toggle for content and privacy restrictions, their cameras disappear from their home screens. The camera reappears if I toggle it off.

Is there a way to turn on the restrictions without losing the camera feature?

thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 4:59 PM

I'm hoping this will help you... try going to the Content and Privacy Restrictions tab and click on "Allowed Apps" to see if the Camera tab is disabled. If the camera tab is disabled, try to enable it and see if it appears on the home screen. If this is already on or you do not see the Camera option is available, try going to Settings > Screen Time and under your child's screen time profile, go to "Always Allowed" to ensure you have the Camera in the Allowed Apps. If not, scroll a bit further down the page to "Choose Apps" and click the plus sign next to Camera to always allow this app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 4:59 PM in response to Ls1997

I'm hoping this will help you... try going to the Content and Privacy Restrictions tab and click on "Allowed Apps" to see if the Camera tab is disabled. If the camera tab is disabled, try to enable it and see if it appears on the home screen. If this is already on or you do not see the Camera option is available, try going to Settings > Screen Time and under your child's screen time profile, go to "Always Allowed" to ensure you have the Camera in the Allowed Apps. If not, scroll a bit further down the page to "Choose Apps" and click the plus sign next to Camera to always allow this app.

Family Sharing/ Content and Privacy Restrictions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.