Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

we have family sharing option but i dont want my daughter to see me photos. how do i stop that

we have family sharing option but i dont want my daughter to see me photos. how do i stop that

iPhone 6s, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 9:31 AM

Is your daughter using the same Apple ID for iCloud as you are? If so, she should have her own Apple ID.

With Family Sharing (and each family member using their own Apple ID), the only photos that are shared are those that you manually add to the shared album. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple Support

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 9:31 AM in response to nikolai1975

Is your daughter using the same Apple ID for iCloud as you are? If so, she should have her own Apple ID.

With Family Sharing (and each family member using their own Apple ID), the only photos that are shared are those that you manually add to the shared album. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple Support

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.