Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing- child account

Hi all. We have set up family sharing and created a child account for our daughter. We have found that all photos keep downloading onto the child device. Is there a way to stop this?

Thank you

iPad Pro, 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:36 AM

Weird because photo sharing is not a part of family sharing unless if you guys are using yours iCloud account on your daughter iPhone , example if on her iPhone settings photos shared albums is on then she can create albums to share with you guys and viceversa but I can tell you guys that family sharing doesn’t include photo sharing because I am using with my daughter but she is not a minor but can’t see my photos from any album , ok just to make sure go to your daughters iPhone settings photo and turn off shared albums option

look what family sharing includes by the way I am on the phone with apple support just verify my answer did you all

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 7:36 AM in response to Tmhean

Weird because photo sharing is not a part of family sharing unless if you guys are using yours iCloud account on your daughter iPhone , example if on her iPhone settings photos shared albums is on then she can create albums to share with you guys and viceversa but I can tell you guys that family sharing doesn’t include photo sharing because I am using with my daughter but she is not a minor but can’t see my photos from any album , ok just to make sure go to your daughters iPhone settings photo and turn off shared albums option

look what family sharing includes by the way I am on the phone with apple support just verify my answer did you all

Family sharing- child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.