Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download my iTunes library to my AppleTV+?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 6:18 PM

You can use Home Sharing to listen to your iTunes library on your Apple TV.

Stream content with Home Sharing on Apple TV - Apple Support

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

But you can't download the music to any current Apple TV.

12 replies

Jan 18, 2020 5:18 PM in response to donnie206

Hello,

I am not quite sure what you are asking. Apple TV+ is Apple’s streaming service which offers access to Apple’s original programming. It does not have any connection to the iTunes Movie Store. What are you wanting to download your iTunes Movie library to?

If you are asking how to download movies onto an Apple TV then unfortunately you cannot download movies on an Apple TV.

Jan 18, 2020 6:09 PM in response to donnie206

Hello,

As I stated, Apple TV+ is exclusively a streaming which only offers Apple’s original content and is not an entity that can have your own personal content synchronized to it. Are you referring to the physical Apple TV box? Are you asking how to view your iTunes Music library on a physical Apple TV box? Apple TV+ ≠ a physical Apple TV box.

Jan 19, 2020 12:54 PM in response to donnie206

donnie206 wrote:

Funny thing, AppleTV 4K tells you to use Home Sharing to download ALL of your music content even if it’s NOT Apple Music. I purchased all of my music content directly from iTunes and I can’t figure out how to download my own content to my AppleTV 4K to listen directly from my Smart TV coupled with AppleTV 4K.

There is no downloading with Home Sharing. You can't download music to an ATV. You can only stream it.

Jan 19, 2020 1:44 PM in response to QuickPost

You have to go into your AppleTV+ 4K menu, not the app on your tv... two different things. Once you’re inside the menu, go to the music library app and it will say “ download your music library “. I can’t figure out how to download any of my purchased music, which is all inside of iTunes. Of course, you can buy a subscription to Apple Music and it may be there, but what about us folks without Apple Music, but purchased music from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.