Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play My iTunes Library on Apple 4K TV

Hi, I recently acquired an Apple 4K TV. It is the 64gig version.

My question is can I play my iTunes library via this device? Will it fill the 64gig (my library is around 65gig) or will it only stream from original storage location?

At this time, my storage is on my iMac! So to stream from iMac I guess it will have to be 'on' or can I stream from my iCloud?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:49 AM

Hello markfromdundas,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to be able to stream your music library on your AppleTV without taking up storage. Your AppleTV stores applications locally and streams music and movies. Therefore, streaming your music library will not take up storage. This article explains how to Manage Apple TV storage.

You can play music directly through the Music App on the AppleTV when signed in with your Apple ID or you can use AirPlay to stream it from your iMac.

You may find these resources helpful:

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 11:49 AM in response to markfromdundas

Hello markfromdundas,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to be able to stream your music library on your AppleTV without taking up storage. Your AppleTV stores applications locally and streams music and movies. Therefore, streaming your music library will not take up storage. This article explains how to Manage Apple TV storage.

You can play music directly through the Music App on the AppleTV when signed in with your Apple ID or you can use AirPlay to stream it from your iMac.

You may find these resources helpful:

Cheers!

Play My iTunes Library on Apple 4K TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.