Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I be signed in to multiple devices with the same apple ID? And can one device have multiple apple IDs signed in to it?

Can I be signed in to multiple devices with the same apple ID? And can one device have multiple apple IDs signed in to it?

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 7:46 PM

You can sign into your son's iPad and download the data to have a backup. I would also suggest you try to backup the iPad.

Backups – Choose Method

Back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

After doing a backup, try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 7:46 PM in response to nashimom

You can sign into your son's iPad and download the data to have a backup. I would also suggest you try to backup the iPad.

Backups – Choose Method

Back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

After doing a backup, try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Jan 18, 2020 7:38 PM in response to Eric Root

Ok, here's the real question...

I have an iPad mini, first generation, that has been "quirky" for a very long time. I gave up on it long ago, moved to android and basically handed my mini over to the kids. At this point it won't hold a charge (often won't even charge all the way), none of the apps work right, etc. And I've just been writing it off as a piece of useless hardware with an obsolete OS.

My 8yo got a new iPad for Christmas. And I learned that Game stop will give you cash for old devices. I brought in my mini and while she was fiddling with it, tryna get it to charge, she started talking to me about how it's not actually worthless, it just may have a virus on it. Chances are all it needs is a factory reset. 😳 It's gotten me thinking. My favorite thing about that device was an app I bought and used ALL THE TIME, called Noteshelf. It's worth it to hang on to the iPad if that is the only thing I use.

But I'd need to do a factory reset to see if it has any value left. But I'm concerned I'd lose all the things I created in the Noteshelf app. I was wondering if signing onto my apple ID on my son's new iPad would allow me to download all the things from my gallery, Noteshelf, etc. And THEN do a factory reset.

Maybe this is unnecessary. As an android user I will admit my apple ignorance. And who has time to make an appointment with a "genius?"🙄 If someone here can help me, I would really appreciate it!

Jan 18, 2020 9:10 PM in response to Eric Root

I will try that! Thank you!

One other question, since I've found my own personal "genius." 😊 Do you know anything about how a "family sharing plan" works on a particular app? I've sent an email to the Noteshelf developers, but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering if my purchase of that app means we can download it to my son's ipad as well.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.