Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X El Capitan installation issues

Subject OBS MakBook Pro with already installed OS X El Capitan

Troubleshooting from Mac Store downloading OS X El Capitan full

After reboots Mac try installing OS X El Capitan over time

How to unmount disk os x base system (OS X El Capitan) and pick primary’s hdd partitions to load without installation

Maybe terminal commands

Additional no usb flash drive need repair as is wi-fi if it needed work

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 9:21 AM

OK, your model will run El Capitan. You may find help in How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support. Could you be more specific about the problem you are having downloading it? Which version of macOS is currently installed on the computer? To upgrade to El Capitan you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion installed.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 9:21 AM in response to vertyogotenner

OK, your model will run El Capitan. You may find help in How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support. Could you be more specific about the problem you are having downloading it? Which version of macOS is currently installed on the computer? To upgrade to El Capitan you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion installed.

Jan 20, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Kappy

Currently installed El Capitan

After some issues with “message” and others services i’ll try download and install El Capitan directly from mac store

El Capitan download, installed as image disk and ask reboot to continue

Now can’t run mac internet recovery option

Can’t install from downloaded image

Can’t reinstall from utility part

Can’t run mac normally

Looks like boot loader locked

I haven’t usb flash drive and for this operation i think was different way to fix this

Download official OS X El Capitan from store damage my system

Previous El Capitan I downloaded from official web page Apple install it and it works normally

Jan 20, 2020 12:21 PM in response to Kappy

Current situation “stack” at installation procedures

OS X El Capitan can’t install from downloading image

And OS X El Capitan can’t install from disk utilities

I have my Hdd 500gb with one volume on it

And OS X El Capitan as image external drive with this install on it

Nothing works

Maybe some picture helps?

I mean before i try installing OS X El Capitan from store my MacBook already was on the same os OS X El Capitan

Jan 20, 2020 11:37 PM in response to vertyogotenner

The bottom device shown above is a disk image and is irrelevant. You are only interested in the top device, WDC..., and its volume, "AMD". Run the El Capitan installer. Where shown the disk for the installation be sure to choose "AMD". If "AMD" is not yet formatted, then you need to format it before trying to install El Capitan. Just follow the instructions. If you continue to have problems, then possibly the drive has failed.

OS X El Capitan installation issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.