Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-install OS Mojave

My 'home' folder seems to have been corrupted somehow, I click 'Go' select 'Home' and when the home screen appears it shows the side bar and folders (see screen shot). But when you double click the applications folder it opens and a blank screen appears. But if you click the applications in the side bar the applications appear where the folders are. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it. I have thought about restarting my iMac in recovery mode and erasing the hard drive and reinstalling Mojave. But will I still have the same problem if I use the time machine back up when Mojave is reinstalled? My iMac is a late 2015 and I have been thinking about buying a new Mac. But how do I migrate all my date from the old Mac to the new one without having the problem mentioned above?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 3:12 AM

Try this. Open Applications in the sidebar and do Command plus A to select all the apps in the window that appears. Then in Finder / File select New Finder Window and open the blank Applications folder. Drag all the selected apps there.

Sorry, select New Finder Window.

Similar questions

3 replies

Re-install OS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.