Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove App Store update notifications on Mac OS Catalina?

Hello.

I have 5 application updates showing in App Store on my Mac mini 2018, non of which I use at all. It is very bothersome to keep looking at the number 5 inside a red circle on top of the App Store icon on the Dashboard on the Lower side of the screen reminding me all day to update. Is there a way to remove that notification without having to update those applications? If so, could you please tell me how?

Thanks.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 10:19 AM

Desvirginador wrote:

Hello.

I have 5 application updates showing in App Store on my Mac mini 2018, non of which I use at all. It is very bothersome to keep looking at the number 5 inside a red circle on top of the App Store icon on the Dashboard on the Lower side of the screen reminding me all day to update. Is there a way to remove that notification without having to update those applications? If so, could you please tell me how?

Thanks.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/2601abbf-cff1-4091-811c-c44cb6519e67

Delete the applications and empty the trash.

You can also remove the App Store icon off the Dock.

Remove an item from the Dock: Drag the item out of the Dock until you see Remove. Only the alias is removed; the actual item remains on your Mac.

Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 10:19 AM in response to Desvirginador

Desvirginador wrote:

Hello.

Thanks.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/2601abbf-cff1-4091-811c-c44cb6519e67

Delete the applications and empty the trash.

You can also remove the App Store icon off the Dock.

Remove an item from the Dock: Drag the item out of the Dock until you see Remove. Only the alias is removed; the actual item remains on your Mac.

Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

how to remove App Store update notifications on Mac OS Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.