Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I rearrange my apps on iPad using computer?

Can i re arrange my apps on ipad using computer??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 1:36 PM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2020 2:41 PM in response to Kristan03

If you have a computer, but NO iTunes on it, here is a link to an older 12.6.5 version for download found in this Apple

weblink.

This version of iTunes is supposed to work with all newer iPad models and with all recent iOS versions.

iTunes 12.6.5.3.1 found here.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

iTunes 12.6.5 for the Mac requires OS X El Capitàn 10.11.4 or later.

Not sure of Windows PC requirements on this version.

If you use a newer version of iTunes on a computer and already have an iTunes Library, you will need to find the iTunes Library folderon your computer ( usually located in folder labelled

Music ) and, temporarily, move or copy this folder to another location so you do not accidentally write over your existing current iTunes library.

You will need to use an older iTunes version and once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, at launch,

hold down the Opt/Alt key on your keyboard while launching this older iTunes version, so you can create a new Tunes library.

Or try to use a copy of your existing iTunes library, instead.

Then, make a full backup of your iPad with this 12.6.5 version of iTunes,

This version will save all of your actual apps and data and will allow you to arrange all the apps on your Home screens through this version of iTunes.

Give this a shot!

Just make sure you make a backup copy of your iTunes Music folder to revert to, just in case something doesn't go right using this older version.

Good Luck to You!

Can I rearrange my apps on iPad using computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.