Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air can’t erase!

I want to erase my old iPad Air but can’t remember restrictions passcode! I already have all info on another new iPad Pro! I can’t get pass the restrictions passcode!

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 6:17 PM

You can try to erase it using the Find My app. https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/erase-your-device-mmfc0ef36f/icloud

Edit: This explains how to erase from another iOS device.

"Remotely erase a device

To prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your missing device, you can erase it remotely. When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to find it using Find My:

1. Open the Find My app and tab the Devices tab.
  2. Select the device you want to remotely erase.
  3. Scroll down and choose Erase This Device.
  4. Select Erase This [device].

After you erase a device, you can't track it. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device."

Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

-AJ

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 6:17 PM in response to PatCalhoun

You can try to erase it using the Find My app. https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/erase-your-device-mmfc0ef36f/icloud

Edit: This explains how to erase from another iOS device.

"Remotely erase a device

To prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your missing device, you can erase it remotely. When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to find it using Find My:

1. Open the Find My app and tab the Devices tab.
  2. Select the device you want to remotely erase.
  3. Scroll down and choose Erase This Device.
  4. Select Erase This [device].

After you erase a device, you can't track it. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device."

Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

-AJ

Jan 20, 2020 6:39 AM in response to AJ397

Thanks again for directing me to iCloud.com! I opened the site and there on the opening page was “Find my iPhone”, which also has the option for “All Devices”, which brought up my two iPads! I then followed the directions, and it worked beautifully ... and simply for this old lady!! I think I somehow missed the part about going to iCloud.com in all the verbiage on some of the links offered! So, THANK YOU, AJ! You have been a blessing!!

iPad Air can’t erase!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.