Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restriction code

Okay, so the next problem is How do I erase my device without the restrictions passcode? When I try to erase my device, it first asks for my general passcode; then, it asks for my restrictions passcode. Without the restrictions passcode, it won't let me erase it. To sum it up, to reset my restrictions passcode because I don't remember it, I must erase my iPad, but I cannot erase my iPad without the restrictions passcode. Quite the conundrum. Got any advice on how to erase the iPad without the restrictions passcode?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 3:30 AM

Use these instructions (even if referred to a different passcode) and, in the end, DO NOT try to restore data from a backup, since that passcode would come back again:--> If you’ve forgotten the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

5 replies

Dec 20, 2020 11:55 PM in response to dom283

I gave you the instructions to remove the passcode used to unlock the screen of your iPad, by erasing completely your device.

The reason why I did it, is that in your original question you stated that your iPad is running iOS 10.

If your info is wrong AND your iPad is running iPadOS 13.4 or later AND you know the Apple ID & Password that were used to setup that ScreenTime passcode, you can use the following procedure: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Dec 22, 2020 12:27 AM in response to dom283

Okay. Let's start again from the beginning, so that we'll try to give you an appropriate answer.

• What iPad Model are you using? Look at the back cover of your iPad for the model code "Axxxx" (where xxxx are four numbers) that you see there.
  • What iOS version is it currently running? Open Settings>General>About>Software Version.

Please report here model code and current iOS version. Thanks

Giulio

Dec 21, 2020 4:52 PM in response to ProustGiulio

I am very confused of what you’re telling me. I never wrote another post before I’m not asking to unlock or disable my iPad. I know the four digit code to get into my iPad I can use my iPad to everything with my iPad but when it comes to the restrictions on my iPad there’s certain things I cannot do because there’s a restriction on them that my friend had set a year ago and I never changed it because I don’t know what she set it to and she doesn’t remember

Restriction code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.