Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic Corrupted

My ipod classic has become corrupted. Every time I connect my device to my computer to try and factory reset it iTunes essentially freezes. I'm able to move my mouse around, but it won't let me click on anything nor does any device icon even pop up. All I get is the bing sound when I connect my device, and nothing more.

iPod Classic

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 12:06 PM

The total number of reallocations isn't a concern, however the pendings need to be converted into reallocations for your device is to work normally. If a pending sector contains data from a song then the device will simply skip to the next one, but if it contains a folder, or part of the devices database, that can cause the device to hang or crash. Try the advice on restoring and/or reformatting. Repeat until the pending count reaches zero, then put back your media.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 12:06 PM in response to tflag24

The total number of reallocations isn't a concern, however the pendings need to be converted into reallocations for your device is to work normally. If a pending sector contains data from a song then the device will simply skip to the next one, but if it contains a folder, or part of the devices database, that can cause the device to hang or crash. Try the advice on restoring and/or reformatting. Repeat until the pending count reaches zero, then put back your media.

tt2

Ipod Classic Corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.