Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthdays not showing in calendar.

Running two macs. Both up to date and time zone correct. The only calendar/contacts I am using is Apple.

Birthdays showing fine on icloud.

On the macs, birthdays not showing when the calendar opened on either machine.

Enter preferences and hit the check box, all is well for that session.

Next time I open the calendar, the box is unchecked again.

Any ideas? Searched, and all that is srecommended is check the box.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 12:57 PM

Hi, Stoorsooker.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on the Apple Support Communities forums today. I understand that you’re not able to get either of your Macs to retain the setting when you select “Show Birthdays calendar” as outlined in this guide:

Show or hide the Birthdays calendar on Mac

Have you tried any basic troubleshooting to see if you can get the calendar to stay selected between sessions? If not, I would try each of these and test between each step to see if it stays selected after closing the Calendar app.

• Restart your Mac

How to turn your Mac on or of

• Test in safe mode

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

• Test in a new user

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

• Update/upgrade the macOS

How to update the software on your Mac

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

If you’re not able to upgrade to macOS Catalina, reply here with the type of Mac you have. It will help me (or another Apple Support Communities user) guide you to the latest compatible version of macOS for your device(s).

Find the model and serial number of your Mac

Please only post the model here. Your serial number should never be given in a public forum. 

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2020 12:57 PM in response to Stoorsooker

Hi, Stoorsooker.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on the Apple Support Communities forums today. I understand that you’re not able to get either of your Macs to retain the setting when you select “Show Birthdays calendar” as outlined in this guide:

Show or hide the Birthdays calendar on Mac

Have you tried any basic troubleshooting to see if you can get the calendar to stay selected between sessions? If not, I would try each of these and test between each step to see if it stays selected after closing the Calendar app.

• Restart your Mac

How to turn your Mac on or of

• Test in safe mode

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

• Test in a new user

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

• Update/upgrade the macOS

How to update the software on your Mac

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

If you’re not able to upgrade to macOS Catalina, reply here with the type of Mac you have. It will help me (or another Apple Support Communities user) guide you to the latest compatible version of macOS for your device(s).

Find the model and serial number of your Mac

Please only post the model here. Your serial number should never be given in a public forum. 

Best Regards.

Birthdays not showing in calendar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.