Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete calendar birthday events for two contacts

On my Mac I have deleted the birthday's for two contacts but there is no delete option to remove these birthday events from the calendar. I even deleted one of the contacts and their birthday still shows up even after turning off the the birthday calendar and back on again. For several other contacts I was able to delete the birthdate from contacts and it disappeared from the calendar.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 8:15 AM

Hey there Williamfromroswell,

That is a strange issue to occur with only those two specific contacts! We'd like to confirm more details to better understand what's going on, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. When did you notice this occurring?
  2. Are these the only two contacts that it's occurred with, or have their been other contacts in the past?
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart. Check out the section ‘Restart your Mac' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  4. We see you have macOS 12.4 installed, However, the latest version is macOS 12.6.2. You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 8:15 AM in response to Williamfromroswell

Hey there Williamfromroswell,

That is a strange issue to occur with only those two specific contacts! We'd like to confirm more details to better understand what's going on, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. When did you notice this occurring?
  2. Are these the only two contacts that it's occurred with, or have their been other contacts in the past?
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart. Check out the section ‘Restart your Mac' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  4. We see you have macOS 12.4 installed, However, the latest version is macOS 12.6.2. You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

Jan 8, 2023 5:00 AM in response to mingoslkd

Thank you for your reply that provided the fix which was to upgrade to Ventura 13.1! Rookie error here. I postponed an earlier upgrade and it just stopped reminding me to upgrade so I was behind.

To answer you other points, I noticed the problem a few months ago, put off addressing it. After submitting this question I deleted about 12 more birthdays from Contacts with the same result that they were still in Calendar. Initially I tried all the suggestions in other posts like turning off the Birthdays Calendar, restarting, and those other tactics in community answers and nothing worked.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Cannot delete calendar birthday events for two contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.