Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete birthday from calender on Mac

Operating system Big Sur - 11.1

I have deleted a number of contacts that had associated birthdays that appeared in the Calendar app. Whilst most of the birthdays have been removed from Calendar, some remain. They have however been removed from my iPad and iPhone. When i click on them to see the details and open the related contact card a blank contact card opens.

Any ideas how i can remove these rogue birthdays.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on May 14, 2021 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 1:20 PM

Hi cookiemonsterinsing,

Thank you for joining Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're still seeing birthdays for contacts that have been deleted from your Mac.

We'd recommend starting with the steps to "Refresh calendars" here: Refresh calendars on Mac

If you continue to see birthdays for contacts that have been deleted, try removing the Birthday calendar then re-adding it: Show contacts’ birthdays in Calendar on Mac

Let us know if you need any additional help after trying this.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 1:20 PM in response to cookiemonsterinsing

Hi cookiemonsterinsing,

Thank you for joining Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're still seeing birthdays for contacts that have been deleted from your Mac.

We'd recommend starting with the steps to "Refresh calendars" here: Refresh calendars on Mac

If you continue to see birthdays for contacts that have been deleted, try removing the Birthday calendar then re-adding it: Show contacts’ birthdays in Calendar on Mac

Let us know if you need any additional help after trying this.

Cheers!

Cannot delete birthday from calender on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.