Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double and triple birthdays in calendar

I have on my iMac Double and triple birthdays in calendar. The problem happened after I upgraded yesterday to Big Sur. I cannot get rid of that. Looked all over the web. On my iPhone 12 mini, it looks OK: each birthday only once. The quantity of my contacts looks OK on "All on my Mac" and on the list of "All iCloud", except on "All Contacts"-there I have doubles and triples . So I guess that would be the reason for those triples and doubles birthdays on my calendar.

Any solution would be appreciated.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 1, 2021 12:53 AM

8 replies

May 1, 2021 1:14 PM in response to Nukish

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

May 1, 2021 12:38 PM in response to PRP_53

Thank you P.P. , but this did not solve the problem. I get "No duplicates were found".

Earlier today, I solved partially the problem, by manually deleting every double contact that appears in my Birthdays Calendar. So in my Calendar it looks fine, but in my contacts, the list of "all contacts" has doubles, 2076 cards all together including doubles. iCloud list include 1377 contacts, no doubles. And "All on my Mac" list includes 1347 contacts, no doubles. Any thoughts?

Nuki

Double and triple birthdays in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.