Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar and listed birthdays

Why do some of my contacts' birthdays show up two, three, or four times in Calendar. I have all contacts listed on both iCloud and On My Mac, but they are linked, and exactly the same.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:24 PM

I’d stick to just using iCloud calendars. You be viewing multiple calendars.

The Birthdays calendar will be populated from your contacts if they have the birthday entered, I use this method. If you’ve added birthdays manually to another calendar, you’ll see multiple entries.

You can choose which calendar to see by pressing the Calendars button and select which you want to view. By process of elimination, you should be able to see where these duplicates are.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 1:24 PM in response to TisMi

I’d stick to just using iCloud calendars. You be viewing multiple calendars.

The Birthdays calendar will be populated from your contacts if they have the birthday entered, I use this method. If you’ve added birthdays manually to another calendar, you’ll see multiple entries.

You can choose which calendar to see by pressing the Calendars button and select which you want to view. By process of elimination, you should be able to see where these duplicates are.

Calendar and listed birthdays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.