Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iphone, i need info about protecting my stuff

Hi, my iphone was stolen and turned off. I erease the content with find my iphone but as it was turned off i couldtn erase the info yet. I have important information inside and i would like to know if the thiefs have any chance to unlock my cell, they probably have taken out the sim so they do not have 4g so nothing would be deleted.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 9:41 PM

7 replies

Jan 19, 2020 9:43 PM in response to Tizimadda2011

I guess that no one is interested in the data you have on your iPhone.

They probably need a device itself. There's a possibility that soon you'll be receiving Apple-alike emails or SMS messages telling you that your iPhone is found and follow the link and enter the passcode.

Don't do that unless you have checked that it's a legit email from Apple. Or they will remove your device form your Apple ID.

Jan 19, 2020 9:48 PM in response to sergekills

Oh okey, thanks! Last question, i had an app in which i kept photos. It was one of those apps that you need to put a password to get in and see them. So if i do not answer any false email or nothing like that, i should be okey right? The iphone was stolen in a party, many iphones were stolen so yes, they just want the device itself, but just in case, if i do not give information they cant access rigth?

Jan 19, 2020 9:51 PM in response to Tizimadda2011

Hello Tizzimadda-

Sorry about your stolen iPhone. You are right that since the iPhone is stolen and SIM card removed, it is not going to be able to get on the internet for you to track it or issue commands to it. The thief will not let it connect to WiFi either. Good that you know how Find My [Device] works.

The thief is not going to get into your data UNLESS s/he has or acquires or passcode. If you had a complex passcode setup then the odds are on your side even more than the numerical passcode. If you had Apple Pay setup then you can sign in to your Apple ID page and remove that capability from that stolen iPhone. NOTE that DO NOT remove your stolen iPhone from the Apple devices that are registered to your Apple ID. This will prevent anyone else to activate that iPhone for cellular use.

I wish you all the best.

Axel F.

Lost iphone, i need info about protecting my stuff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.