Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iTunes backup photos from iPhone?

Hi there,

I currently use iCloud to backup my photos automatically. Currently the photos are kept seperate from iTunes backups as they are backed up using iCloud instead.

My question is if I stop using and disable iCloud photos, does that mean my iTunes backup will include my photos? Apple's website says iTunes backups don't include data already saved to iCloud, so I assume if I don't use iCloud then photos will be included in my regular iTunes backup?

Just want confirmation before I stop using iCloud.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 2:28 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities tavincent,

I see that you have a question about backing up your photos. I'd be happy to provide you with some information to help.

If you turn off iCloud Photos, they will no longer upload to iCloud and will be included in your iTunes backup. If you're concerned about storage on your iPhone, you can always transfer the photos from your iPhone to your computer. The articles below provide more details about backups and transferring your photos to a computer.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2020 2:28 PM in response to tavincent

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities tavincent,

I see that you have a question about backing up your photos. I'd be happy to provide you with some information to help.

If you turn off iCloud Photos, they will no longer upload to iCloud and will be included in your iTunes backup. If you're concerned about storage on your iPhone, you can always transfer the photos from your iPhone to your computer. The articles below provide more details about backups and transferring your photos to a computer.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Does iTunes backup photos from iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.