Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in icloud on PC

When i sign on to icloud on my PC .. my photos on my iphone are not showing .. i checked settings and backup photos is on ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 11:51 AM

Hey Aeclifford,

We'd recommend checking to ensure you're signed in with the same Apple ID in iCloud that you use to sync your photos. You can find help identifying Apple ID's here: If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number

We'd also suggest reviewing the information here as it provides steps to take when photos are missing: If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

Thanks!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 11:51 AM in response to Aeclifford

Hey Aeclifford,

We'd recommend checking to ensure you're signed in with the same Apple ID in iCloud that you use to sync your photos. You can find help identifying Apple ID's here: If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number

We'd also suggest reviewing the information here as it provides steps to take when photos are missing: If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

Thanks!

Jan 8, 2023 2:29 PM in response to Aeclifford

Hey there Aeclifford,

If you are using iCloud backups, your iPhone should automatically back up if these conditions are met: your iPhone is charging, your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, and the screen is locked. Without available storage though, you will need to clear space for that to happen.

On your iPhone, you can manage your backups by going to following the steps below, which is from this article: View and manage iCloud device backups - Apple Support

"View and manage iCloud backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • iOS 16, iPadOS 16, or later: Tap iCloud Backup.
    • iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or earlier: Tap Manage Storage, then tap Backups.

You see the devices with iCloud Backup turned on.

3. To delete a backup, tap the name of a device, then tap Delete & Turn Off Backup (or Delete Backup)."

The following article has also multiple ways to possibly manage your iCloud storage to clear up space: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support Another option would be to purchase more iCloud storage, which you can see how to do below:

"Upgrade to iCloud+ from any device

Upgrading to iCloud+ is simple. Just follow the instructions below on your device. Or, tap here to upgrade to iCloud+ in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

How to upgrade on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings, then tap your name. 
  2. Tap iCloud, then tap Manage Account Storage or Manage Storage. Or scroll down and tap Upgrade to iCloud+.
  3. Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
  4. Choose a plan and follow the onscreen instructions."

Those steps, and more, are from this link: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support Please let us know if you have any questions.

Take care!

Dec 21, 2022 5:18 PM in response to Aeclifford

Hi Aeclifford,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! If you've already enabled Photos in iCloud settings on your iPhone (Settings  > [your name] > iCloud > Photos), you may have to give it time to upload. Find some information about what happens next after enabling iCloud Photos below from the article Set up and use iCloud Photos:

When you turn on iCloud Photos, the time it takes for your photos and videos to upload to iCloud depends on the size of your collection and your internet speed. If you have a large collection of photos and videos, your upload might take more time than usual. You can see the status and pause the upload for one day.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Photos app, go to the Library tab, and tap All Photos. Then scroll to the bottom of your screen.

Be sure that you're connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection, a power source when possible, and Low Power Mode is disabled. That will allow your upload to continue without interruption. Find more recommendations in the article Get help with iCloud Photos.

Hope that helps!

Jan 8, 2023 10:44 AM in response to WinsC1

i did not have my photos going to cloud switched on . Done that but now the back up has photos . And my icloud has filled up moving photos into Icloud , as they are in my last back up AND in icloud , and now it says run out of space .. How do i remove the last back up in icloud , so i can run a new backup which will be reduced as the photos are in icloud .. this is so frustrating … as i cant take photos as ‘FULL ‘

i cloud ‘full ‘ ….

i have 128 G phone and 200 GB Icloud plan .

photos are at 80.92 GB

storage at 121.7 GB

ICloud at 200 GB , as i have the huge back up that included photos before i switched on ‘Store Photos in Icloud )

How do i resolve this issue ???

Photos in icloud on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.