Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina - Adding new songs to the cloud for matching, etc.

In Catalina, it appears that you can no longer "right click" on a song that is newly added to your music library and add it to the cloud and have it matched (e.g., a song ripped from a CD and imported into your library). It just has a status of "waiting" for cloud status, and I don't see a way of uploading it to the cloud (or matching it). Prior to Catalina, you simply right-clicked and said to add to the cloud. Any thoughts?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 10:09 AM

In iTunes with OS Mojave, if I right-click on a song the first option is "Download". In Music with OS Catalina, if I right-click on a song the second item is "Add to Library". Isn't that what you are trying to do?

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 21, 2020 6:20 PM in response to technology today

Thanks - yes, they changed the terminology on me. Also, when I first installed OS Catalina and opened the new Music App, it was processing my album artwork (I have about 40,000 songs) and that monopolized all my access to the cloud, apparently. I had tried to use the "add to library" tab at the time and didn't have any success. However, now that it has finished processing my album artwork, the "add to library" button works as you described. Thanks again.

Catalina - Adding new songs to the cloud for matching, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.