Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Search Results for incorrect spellings

I live in a village called Cottenham but when I search in the podcast app for a locally produced podcast, it lists Tottenham . A football team, and a town, but 50 miles away, why?

My podcast is called "Cottenham Baptist Church" , but its not on the page when I type just the 1st term even though it is spelled correctly. Why are incorrect spellings ranked higher? I know it's all based on how many likes the frankly far more appealing Tottenham podcasts have. But why do I have to type in 2 words of my title before I get a hit? Has Autocorrect taken over our likes and wants, or are the little people who do happen to be in the same town as the podcast they search for not ... okay digression here, because when I do the identical search on a desktop computer, I get none of this foolery in "iTunes for Windows", the "misspselling" (sic) assumption is not made. I'm not an apple-toting user, I dont use apple devices often at all, but I love the ease of use lifestyle the ecosystem breathes, but found that having so many different apps on the iPhone for listening, just plain confusing.

The platform behavior difference between itunes on desktop and the "podcasts" app is something I'd like to bring to the attention of podcast producers out there.

Anyway, happy podcasting.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 1:53 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 20, 2020 2:07 AM in response to conradbraam

What I get when I search term "Cottenham"

"Cottenham Baptist" gives me these results. But I'm still a little put out by the user interface at this point, because I have 4 podcasts as "seasons", but the page lists the individual episodes above any "seasons" on the screen. I am making a false assumption that people normally search for podcasts or "albums/collections", and don't search for a individual song or in podcast terms a specific episode. Maybe I need to think of naming my episodes differently?

Anyway, any tips on making my search ranking better? It's purely academic, since its a rather small audience podcasts created more for convenience than to gain subscribers. But I can learn how to do this for a future situation using podcast as a trainer.

Podcast Search Results for incorrect spellings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.