Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV on Ethernet

Two of my Apple TV’s are on my home wi-fi network and one is connected via hardwire Ethernet. Is there a way to get the iPhone or iPad remote app to recognize the Ethernet connected Apple TV ?

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 11:15 PM

it should be transparent for the wifi connected devices how the appletv is connected

unless the router haven't set the 2 networks as bridged some also keep 2.4Ghz wifi and 5Ghz wifi as separate networks

so it's a network configuration thing and how one resolve it change from router to router

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 11:15 PM in response to DaveT1234

it should be transparent for the wifi connected devices how the appletv is connected

unless the router haven't set the 2 networks as bridged some also keep 2.4Ghz wifi and 5Ghz wifi as separate networks

so it's a network configuration thing and how one resolve it change from router to router

Jan 21, 2020 8:22 AM in response to DaveT1234

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. The problem is actually not solved despite inadvertent selection.

The downstairs Apple TVs is connected via Ethernet. The upstairs Apple TV’s are on 5.4 GHz wi-fi. I can see all three Apple TV’s on Apple’s My Home network. However, on the remote function (control center) on my iPad does not recognize the Apple TV connected via Ethernet. Is there a workaround other than having to connect the downstairs Apple TV via Wi-fi?

Apple TV on Ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.