Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect to my Apple TV with my app remote control if my Apple TV is connected via Ethernet?

I just connect my Apple TV using lan cables. I’m using an app remote instead of a physical remote. But my app remote can’t find Apple TV because it is not on the same wifi connection. How do I solve this problem?

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:09 AM

We don't know what modem/router and wifi you are using. If you have a modem/router connected to your internet line, but you have a separate wifi router plugged into the modem/router, then this situation can arise. (If it's all one device, wifi and LAN in the same box, the following is not relevant).

The modem/router hands out IP numbers to the devices connected to it, including the wifi router. If the wifi router is also set to use DHCP, it will also hand out IP numbers. Apart from the fact that this may cause a clash (with the same number being allocated to two different devices) anything connected to the wifi can't see the devices connected to the modem/router.

The wifi router needs to be set in 'bridge mode', so that IP numbers handed out by the modem/router are passed through to the wifi connections.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 9:09 AM in response to Realsoon

We don't know what modem/router and wifi you are using. If you have a modem/router connected to your internet line, but you have a separate wifi router plugged into the modem/router, then this situation can arise. (If it's all one device, wifi and LAN in the same box, the following is not relevant).

The modem/router hands out IP numbers to the devices connected to it, including the wifi router. If the wifi router is also set to use DHCP, it will also hand out IP numbers. Apart from the fact that this may cause a clash (with the same number being allocated to two different devices) anything connected to the wifi can't see the devices connected to the modem/router.

The wifi router needs to be set in 'bridge mode', so that IP numbers handed out by the modem/router are passed through to the wifi connections.

How to connect to my Apple TV with my app remote control if my Apple TV is connected via Ethernet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.