Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird UI issue with Apple Music Mac Player Window

I have Mac OS 10.15.2 on my MacBook Pro. I have the subscription for Apple Music and I like to sometimes turn on Shuffle or Repeat while listening to music via the 'Now Playing' player on the top of the window. But for some reason, there seems to be no visual indication whenever shuffle or repeat are turned on. Usually, these icons turn blue but in my case they are not and so I'm having a hard time figuring out if shuffle or repeat is turned on. The actual functionality of these buttons work fine(meaning songs shuffle or repeat when I click them) but its just that I'm not able to visually see if they're turned on or off. Anyone has a clue? I have the dark mode(theme) enabled but I see the same behavior with the light mode as well.

P.S. I've attached a screenshot with the icons marked in red.

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 7:54 AM

You have probably set Accent color as Gray in System Preferences -> General.

Actually there's a subtle (very subtle...) difference between the statuses. When active the icons are a little bit brighter. It's almost impossible to see the difference:

You have either to change the system wide accent color or check in Music app via menu Controls -> Shuffle / Repeat.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2020 7:54 AM in response to vg87

You have probably set Accent color as Gray in System Preferences -> General.

Actually there's a subtle (very subtle...) difference between the statuses. When active the icons are a little bit brighter. It's almost impossible to see the difference:

You have either to change the system wide accent color or check in Music app via menu Controls -> Shuffle / Repeat.

Weird UI issue with Apple Music Mac Player Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.