Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro is showing only JPEG

Good day everyone.

I transferred Raw pictures from my Camera into my MacBook Pro but the pictures were automatically converted into JPEG and won't just show me my Raw pictures.

How can I retrieve them?

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 1:50 PM

abishai81 wrote:

Good day everyone.
I transferred Raw pictures from my Camera into my MacBook Pro but the pictures were automatically converted into JPEG and won't just show me my Raw pictures.
How can I retrieve them?

How the Photos app and iCloud Photos handle RAW images ...

2 replies

Feb 15, 2020 12:47 PM in response to abishai81

How did you "transfer" them? What program are you using to view them? Apple Photos by default will import both RAW and JPEG pairs, but only shows the JPEG when viewing. You must go to the EDIT part of the app and then click IMAGE in the top menu and select USE RAW AS ORIGINAL.

However, if you just copied the files using Finder, then both files (the RAW and JPEG) should be in the folder you copied them to. However, if it is a newer camera (like I just got the Olympus EM5-V3, which Apple has not updated their system to see the RAW files), Finder and/or Preview will not be able to actually view the images, only the JPEG file.

My Macbook Pro is showing only JPEG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.