Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer data to the new iPhone and the photos downloaded itself and full my storage. I have all my pics in iCloud

Hi I bought the new iPhone, I transferred phone to phone, all my pics are in the iCloud. When the sync is ready it says me that my storage is full. There is not an option to keep the photos in the cloud, the process is downloading them on my new device. What’s the point to have iCloud? It’s not working well!

help!!!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 8:30 AM

iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 8:30 AM in response to carito-agui

iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

Transfer data to the new iPhone and the photos downloaded itself and full my storage. I have all my pics in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.