Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone suggest the simplest Best video editing software at a reasonable price. I find IMovie very frustrating and limited features. Thanks.

Whats the best video music editing software.

I’m using Catalina. Thanks

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 9:01 AM

iMovie is the best consumer video editor that I know of. I have heard Filmora mentioned, although I have not used it myself so cannot vouch for it. There also is Final Cut Pro that you can get at the app store for $299. It has a ton of features, but is more complicated to use than iMovie. The more features that you get, of course, the more complicated the film editor will be. So "simplest" with more "features" probably will be difficult to find. There are some video editor apps offered at the app store that you can take a look at. If you do get a substitute video editor make sure that it is a 64 bit app that will run on Catalina, since Catalina does not support 32 bit apps.

iMovie, like any other app, can have a bit of a learning curve. You might consider making a few test movies with it to get used to it. Here's a good online help menu with a good search feature that will help you get familiar with the features of iMovie:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 9:01 AM in response to sweetliar

iMovie is the best consumer video editor that I know of. I have heard Filmora mentioned, although I have not used it myself so cannot vouch for it. There also is Final Cut Pro that you can get at the app store for $299. It has a ton of features, but is more complicated to use than iMovie. The more features that you get, of course, the more complicated the film editor will be. So "simplest" with more "features" probably will be difficult to find. There are some video editor apps offered at the app store that you can take a look at. If you do get a substitute video editor make sure that it is a 64 bit app that will run on Catalina, since Catalina does not support 32 bit apps.

iMovie, like any other app, can have a bit of a learning curve. You might consider making a few test movies with it to get used to it. Here's a good online help menu with a good search feature that will help you get familiar with the features of iMovie:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/

-- Rich

Can anyone suggest the simplest Best video editing software at a reasonable price. I find IMovie very frustrating and limited features. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.