Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an alternative to iMovie and Garageband which will work on Catalina?

I want to create a movie from various items of iPhone and iPad videos. In the past I've always used iMove but it has disappeared from my apps and when I try to download form the App Store I'm told that it requires Mac OS 11 and I can't update the software from Catalina (10.15.7). I have the same problems with Garageband. Is there an alternative to either or both of these apps or is Apple trying to tell me to **** off and spend the outrageous sum of £1500.00 on a new iMac?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 3:07 AM

If you previously had iMovie and GarageBand try to download it again from the AppStore, but not from the main window but from your purchases history.

in the AppStore, in the sidebar click your Name at the bottom and then browse your purchases. If GarageBand and iMovie appear there, click them to download them to reinstall them.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 3:07 AM in response to CONFUSEDOAP

If you previously had iMovie and GarageBand try to download it again from the AppStore, but not from the main window but from your purchases history.

in the AppStore, in the sidebar click your Name at the bottom and then browse your purchases. If GarageBand and iMovie appear there, click them to download them to reinstall them.

Is there an alternative to iMovie and Garageband which will work on Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.