Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading MacOS Ventura for a 2nd time.

I am trying to download MacOS Ventura in my iMacBook Air 2020, but when I download it, it doesn't "apply the changes" and, when I open settings, it asks me to download it again, just as if I didn't download anything.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 3:42 AM

Check in the applications folder for an application called " Install Ventura "

Is there such a application existing there ?

If Yes, Command key and i key should present a " Get Information " about the Application.

What size is the Application ?

Other possible issues ➡️

1 - Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue. Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download to perform as expected.

2 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download 

3 - If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. 

4- Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

5 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal and Try Again using the Software Update Applet in System Preferences

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 3:42 AM in response to Javiitooo_

Check in the applications folder for an application called " Install Ventura "

Is there such a application existing there ?

If Yes, Command key and i key should present a " Get Information " about the Application.

What size is the Application ?

Other possible issues ➡️

1 - Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue. Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download to perform as expected.

2 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download 

3 - If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. 

4- Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

5 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal and Try Again using the Software Update Applet in System Preferences

Dec 29, 2022 3:51 AM in response to Javiitooo_

Some applications that you download from the Mac App Store will actually install, and an operating system download does not. It may or may not automatically launch upon download completion and offer to continue with the operating system update/upgrade, but the installer itself resides in your /Applications folder until after you initiate and the installation is complete.

Jan 3, 2023 6:52 AM in response to Javiitooo_

Javiitooo_ wrote:

Thanks for the comments, but I've just seen I had to download an other macOS, to then download macOS Ventura.

Reading between the inlines ( unwritten words ) make me think the existing version of macOS was not fully up to date.

Once the existing version of macOS was fully up to date, the Ventura Download and installation worked.

Downloading MacOS Ventura for a 2nd time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.