Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my Macbook Pro restarting without request?

Since Catalina, my Macbook Pro started with a problem: It restarts by itself from time to time no matter what job I am doing. How can I solve this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 9:23 AM

Merckx212 wrote:

Since Catalina, my Macbook Pro started with a problem: It restarts by itself from time to time no matter what job I am doing. How can I solve this?

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

3 replies

Jan 22, 2020 8:25 AM in response to Merckx212

Merckx212 wrote:

Hi Leroy, thanks for your answer. In fact I do not get any message before or after it restarts. The screen just turns black and after the usual restart noises it asks for the password.

To get a good look at your System config. for conflicts or issues, you can run this trusted utility http://etrecheck.com  

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

You can set its preference to "Allow full Disk Access",  with this you get a digest of issues from the last 7 days that are saved in your system.

further more—

If you are comfortable with the Terminal.app you can see log files for issue for a clue, you can post them here in the Additional Text box in the editor's menu bar.

copy and paste:

log show --predicate 'eventMessage contains "Previous shutdown cause"' --last 24h

why is my Macbook Pro restarting without request?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.