Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why some emails very, very slow to open?

A recent issue is that my wife will mail out from Apple Mail and copy to me. When I get them and click on the mail a window opens to show it as usual but no content for 10 seconds or more. Finally it will appear if I wait long enough.

Other emails are not doing this, except occasionally. Most of the time it is with her email source.

What could be causing this? New to us.

We are both using Mojave.

— Richard

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 10:22 AM

Richard Pitcairn wrote:

A recent issue is that my wife will mail out from Apple Mail and copy to me. When I get them and click on the mail a window opens to show it as usual but no content for 10 seconds or more. Finally it will appear if I wait long enough.
Other emails are not doing this, except occasionally. Most of the time it is with her email source.

— Richard

If email contains remote server images, yes you can experience a bit of a delay. Typically this has to do with ISP download speed.

Change Viewing preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 10:22 AM in response to Richard Pitcairn

Richard Pitcairn wrote:

— Richard

If email contains remote server images, yes you can experience a bit of a delay. Typically this has to do with ISP download speed.

Change Viewing preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Why some emails very, very slow to open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.