Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail content not appearing on Mac

I'm having the same problem I've seen reported before: randomly, some of my email is not displaying any content on my Mac, though I can see it in iOS. I've used a work-around that one user previously described -- moving the message to another folder and then back into the Inbox, and then it seems to display properly. But this clearly seems to be a longstanding bug. Is Apple ever going to address it?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 4:37 AM

I’ve never seen it. If I did, I’d rebuild the Mailbox.

What you see is not raw message data, but info stored in a database. If the database loses track of the raw message linked to the info, it won’t be able to pull up the message. Rebuilding should relink the message.

Moving the individual message around may be simpler.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 4:37 AM in response to Jand711

I’ve never seen it. If I did, I’d rebuild the Mailbox.

What you see is not raw message data, but info stored in a database. If the database loses track of the raw message linked to the info, it won’t be able to pull up the message. Rebuilding should relink the message.

Moving the individual message around may be simpler.

Mail content not appearing on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.