Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures won't upload from iPhone 11 Pro to 24'' 2009 iMac (El Capitan)Please Try again.

Hello There

My pictures taken with my new iPhone 11 Pro will not appear in the Photos App. However, they are in i Cloud . Previously with my iPhone 10 X ,there was no such problem.Does anyone have the answer to this Thank You. JB.

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 1:47 PM

Hey John Basso,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you're having trouble syncing your photos from our iPhone 11 to your iMac. I'd be happy to help out.

First, I'd like for you to confirm the steps here have been done on both devices:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 1:47 PM in response to John Basso

Hey John Basso,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you're having trouble syncing your photos from our iPhone 11 to your iMac. I'd be happy to help out.

First, I'd like for you to confirm the steps here have been done on both devices:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Cheers!

Jan 25, 2020 6:44 PM in response to rose_10

Thanks Sarah.

I read your entire explanation on this subject,This is very informative and helpful, Other things to consider in this , are the facts,that my iMac desktop is an early 2009 .It runs El Capitan,Henceforth it is restricted to limited technology ,

An important reason that my iMac desktop can't receive pictures in Photos is as follows;

On iPhone 11Pro,go to settings.Scroll down to camera.There you find Formats,click on that where you will find 2 settings.

High Efficiency and Most Compatible. Click on Most Compatible, to invoke this setting so that the high end iPhone 11Pro can now send pictures without any limitations on an iMac which software is El Capitan,Thank You Sarah for your help,which is greatly appreciated .Greetings: John Basso.

Jan 25, 2020 6:48 PM in response to rose_10

Thanks Sarah.

I read your entire explanation on this subject,This is very informative and helpful, Other things to consider in this , are the facts,that my iMac desktop is an early 2009 .It runs El Capitan,Henceforth it is restricted to limited technology ,

An important reason that my iMac desktop can't receive pictures in Photos is as follows;

On iPhone 11Pro,go to settings.Scroll down to camera.There you find Formats,click on that where you will find 2 settings.

High Efficiency and Most Compatible. Click on Most Compatible, to invoke this setting so that the high end iPhone 11Pro can now send pictures without any limitations on an iMac which software is El Capitan,Thank You Sarah for your help,which is greatly appreciated .Greetings: John Basso.

Pictures won't upload from iPhone 11 Pro to 24'' 2009 iMac (El Capitan)Please Try again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.