Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty Expired on My New iPhone

My iPhone X bought less than 1 Month ago, but online warranty says it's already expired.

What could be a reason for being like this? How can i check it?

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 8:58 AM

The warranty begins on the day of original retail sale by Apple or an Apple Authorized seller. So when someone privately sells a supposedly “brand new” discontinued device, they are really selling a used device, just one that may never have been taken out of the box.

If your warranty is finished, that implies the seller bought it January of 2019 or earlier. Doesn’t matter if it was never taken out of the box and used or not. All that matters is the date of that first retail sale by Apple or an Apple Authorized seller.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2020 8:58 AM in response to tumelo161

The warranty begins on the day of original retail sale by Apple or an Apple Authorized seller. So when someone privately sells a supposedly “brand new” discontinued device, they are really selling a used device, just one that may never have been taken out of the box.

If your warranty is finished, that implies the seller bought it January of 2019 or earlier. Doesn’t matter if it was never taken out of the box and used or not. All that matters is the date of that first retail sale by Apple or an Apple Authorized seller.

Warranty Expired on My New iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.