Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar automatically adding a 2nd alert to events

How do I stop Calendar from automatically adding a 2nd alert to repeating events? It keeps re-adding the 2nd alert even after I delete the 2nd alert or delete and recreate the event!

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 10:58 AM

Hi, PBIStaran.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on the Apple Support Communities forums today. I understand that the second alert settings aren’t saving after you delete them and/or completely recreate the event.

Are you able to change the default alert setting in your Calendar app? You may need to change the default to get the settings to save when you’re deleting the second alert.

Change default alert settings in Calendar on Mac 

I would also make sure that you’re following the guidance in this section of the Calendar User Guide for managing your event alerts:

Set event alerts and receive notifications in Calendar on Mac

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 10:58 AM in response to PBIStaran

Hi, PBIStaran.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on the Apple Support Communities forums today. I understand that the second alert settings aren’t saving after you delete them and/or completely recreate the event.

Are you able to change the default alert setting in your Calendar app? You may need to change the default to get the settings to save when you’re deleting the second alert.

Change default alert settings in Calendar on Mac 

I would also make sure that you’re following the guidance in this section of the Calendar User Guide for managing your event alerts:

Set event alerts and receive notifications in Calendar on Mac

Best Regards.

Calendar automatically adding a 2nd alert to events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.