Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit my Apple ID email address?

Hi there,

What I would like to do is change my .me address to something different. I have one that is "something"@me.com which I would rather the "something" not be what it currently is. Is it possible to do this? if so how?

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 8:19 AM

Do you want to do a name change of your Apple ID or change an email address to use with iCloud?

Name change. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Alias change. You can't remove/change @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases, but you can create a new alias.

iCloud - Create or change email aliases

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2020 8:19 AM in response to tomljaggo

Do you want to do a name change of your Apple ID or change an email address to use with iCloud?

Name change. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Alias change. You can't remove/change @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases, but you can create a new alias.

iCloud - Create or change email aliases

How do I edit my Apple ID email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.