Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Backup Ipad, says next backup size is 900gb

So, I have the standard 5gb icloud plan. I use an Iphone 5s and an Ipad Pro for work. I keep getting a message on my ipad pro that I do not have enough storage to backup.

Says I'm using 946.2 MB of 5gb

On my Ipad, I have a total storage of 512gb, with 488.21GB available.

Under General/Ipad Storage says I'm using 23.7GB of 512GB

On my Iphone I have a total storage of 32gb, with 24.71GB available.

Under General/Iphone Storage says I'm using 7.3GB of 32GB.

When I go to backup the Ipad, it's telling me the backup size is 898GB.

I've tried turning off all the other backup items, and it still says 898GB.

Can anyone help, I'm sorta lost here.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 4:38 AM

Here's the only thing that worked for me. First, Delete the backup/turn it off on your ipad. I had to mark down all of the apps that I use, and do a master reset. Resigned in and added the apps I'm using back. After doing that, all of my backups are properly functioning.

Currently I'm showing a backup size for my ipad of 145.2MB vs the 900GB it was was showing previously.

I hope this helps someone. Yet, I still have no idea why it did what it did.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 4:38 AM in response to astankeivicz

Here's the only thing that worked for me. First, Delete the backup/turn it off on your ipad. I had to mark down all of the apps that I use, and do a master reset. Resigned in and added the apps I'm using back. After doing that, all of my backups are properly functioning.

Currently I'm showing a backup size for my ipad of 145.2MB vs the 900GB it was was showing previously.

I hope this helps someone. Yet, I still have no idea why it did what it did.

Cannot Backup Ipad, says next backup size is 900gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.