Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't create formatted Mail signature in IOS 13.2.3

I've read the forums and tried everything. I've copied and pasted my branded signature from other sent emails, and nothing works. I've shut off and restarted my iphone. Still, it comes back just black text, without formatting. There is bold text, but all the text comes out the same size, and none of the other formatting works. Here is what it is supposed to look like (phone # blurred purposely):

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 8:11 AM

Hi there. Actually. This is not correct. In the time between posting my question and your reply, I found a video tutorial on how to do it. Here is how:

Copy the signature you want from an email you’ve sent and paste it into the signature field in Mail, and it will paste the “blah,” unformatted version. Then shake it to ****, until a pop up saying “Undo Change Attributes” comes up. Click okay and it should be there! 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 8:11 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi there. Actually. This is not correct. In the time between posting my question and your reply, I found a video tutorial on how to do it. Here is how:

Copy the signature you want from an email you’ve sent and paste it into the signature field in Mail, and it will paste the “blah,” unformatted version. Then shake it to ****, until a pop up saying “Undo Change Attributes” comes up. Click okay and it should be there! 

Jan 27, 2020 6:13 AM in response to LJSchanley

Hello LJSchanley and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having some difficulty with formatted email signatures in the Mail app on an iPhone.

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Formatting including things like text color, links and images is supported in Mail on a Mac. In order to do the same thing on an iPhone, you'll need to have a third-party app. If you search the term "email signature," you'll find multiple options.

Cheers.

Can't create formatted Mail signature in IOS 13.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.