Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone & Imovie exporting solid green final project

I filmed some video on my Iphone XR (software 13.3) and then on my same iphone created a project in Imovie (2.2.8). Project looks great in Imovie.

When I export or save to video or save to file, any exported final project is all green. There is audio, the audio sounds great, but the video is all green.

I've update the apps, my phone, but nothing allows me to export a final, quality project. Help?

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 9:36 AM

That does not address the issue at all.

After a very stressful two days, I went into Settings--Camera and looked at what my export settings were for the camera for pictures and for videos. I maxed those settings out from 1080 30 frames per second to 1080 60 frames per second. I verified that Imovies export settings were similar, and then and only then was I able to export a 1080 HD project from Imovie to Save to Photo Album which was viewable. No more audio with a green screen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 9:36 AM in response to i_rina

That does not address the issue at all.

After a very stressful two days, I went into Settings--Camera and looked at what my export settings were for the camera for pictures and for videos. I maxed those settings out from 1080 30 frames per second to 1080 60 frames per second. I verified that Imovies export settings were similar, and then and only then was I able to export a 1080 HD project from Imovie to Save to Photo Album which was viewable. No more audio with a green screen.

Jan 27, 2020 8:52 AM in response to rnsmckin

Hello rnsmckin,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you have issues export a project for iMovie; I'd like to help.

Just to verify, you're using the steps found in this article when exporting:

Export a project for use on another device - iMovie Help for iPhone

If you're using these steps, and still have an issue exporting the project, reach out to Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

Iphone & Imovie exporting solid green final project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.