Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green vertical line on iPhone X

My 2 year old iPhone developed the green line last night. Per a tech web site:

According to Techcrunch, every iPhone X has a diamond sub-pixel pattern in its display. While the blue and red sub-pixels appear alternately, the green ones create seamless lines from the top to the bottom of the screen.

What is likely happening in affected iPhone Xs is an electrical fault which causes a voltage flow to a vertical line of green sub-pixels. If the green line is thick, the voltage flow occurs multiple rows of pixels.

Aside from the scientific explanation of the problem, the most important thing for all iPhone X users which are dealing with the green line of death is how to get rid of this issue.

The only solution to this problem is replacing your iPhone X. Apple knows about the green line issue. A couple of users reported that they have already returned their devices with this kind of problem. So, make a backup of your iPhone’s data and head down to the local Apple Store. Show your iPhone X to the Apple employees, and they will tell you what can you do from there.

My experience at the Apple Store in Fashion Valley, San Diego, is that I was out of luck.  The phone literally was paid off this month and is 2 years old.  They suggested I spend $279 and they would

replace the screen.  If this is an electrical fault, I doubt that’s a workable solution. I then chatted with Apple Support and got this reply:

"I took a look to see if there are any Apple programs that the Genius Bar may have missed that could possibly cover this issue. Although there might be other customers that have experienced this same issue, Apple will not cover the cost for this repair unless there is an official program established by Apple indicating that this is a widespread problem in which they will cover the cost for."

I find this response to be idiotic.

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 5:04 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Green vertical line on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.