Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just tried to download a song and it came up with an SSL error

I just tried to download a song and it came up with an ssl error

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 1:16 PM

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, Maddy_take_no_risk!

It sounds like you are having an issue with not being able to download Apple Music. First, I recommend checking out this article with steps for How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and quit the Music app. Once it’s closed, Restart your iPhone and test to see if the issues are still going on.

If they are still going on, check out this article to sign out and then Sign in with your Apple ID. This step will temporarily remove any music you’ve saved for offline listening, so you will have to redownload all the music saved for offline manually again. Also, be sure you go to Settings > Music and turn on Sync Library. Once that’s complete, check to see if you can download the songs. 

Let me know the results and have a wonderful day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 1:16 PM in response to Maddy_take_no_risk

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, Maddy_take_no_risk!

It sounds like you are having an issue with not being able to download Apple Music. First, I recommend checking out this article with steps for How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and quit the Music app. Once it’s closed, Restart your iPhone and test to see if the issues are still going on.

If they are still going on, check out this article to sign out and then Sign in with your Apple ID. This step will temporarily remove any music you’ve saved for offline listening, so you will have to redownload all the music saved for offline manually again. Also, be sure you go to Settings > Music and turn on Sync Library. Once that’s complete, check to see if you can download the songs. 

Let me know the results and have a wonderful day!

I just tried to download a song and it came up with an SSL error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.